The client wanted to extend their semi-detached house, to create a large open plan ground floor, this required a wrap-around extension (to the rear and side) the project also included a loft conversion.
The required work need a party wall agreement with the neighbouring property. EB worked with the client’s architect and we provided the structural engineer.
- Wrap around extension required steel box frames to maintain the integrity of the load bearing walls.
- Extension foundations had to compensate for nearby tree roots – deeper
- Ground works – drainage and new water supply
- New floor joists, insulation, underfloor heating, flooring
- Recessed skylights
- Heating and water system
- New electrical system
- Kitchen installation
- Bi-fold doors – bringing the patio and garden into the large family room and kitchen
Many of these requirement are typical elements needed for an extension.
The project has created a beautiful kitchen and family room flooded with natural light.